Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Another visitor

Today, along with a reappearance of Tim Russert, Ken Mehlman was in the studio. For those of you who aren't familiar with the name, he's the chairman of the RNC. (Think of Howard Dean's counterpart)

During Sean's interview with Ken, he said "Now, I know you won't give me your pick for 2008, so I won't even bother."

That didn't satiate me, and the chance to talk even a little politics with the RNC chairman was too good to pass up. So I asked him what his "off-the-record" thoughts on '08 were.

He said, "Come on now, that's like asking the referee to decide which team he likes best. But to be fair, give me your pick, and I'll tell you their chances."

I told him that since Condi doesn't seem to be gaining any steam, my pick would be George Allen.

He said that Senator Allen has a good chance at the nomination, and would be a good contender. Yeah, it was a very non-telling political answer, but oh well. The one really interesting thing I heard happened when Jeff (the other intern) told Mehlman that he likes McCain. I noted that McCain is entirely electable, but not as nominatable, since the Republican base doesn't like him as much. Mehlman just said "You might be surprised." Hmm..

Free Counters
Online Degree